Monday, June 12, 2017

May 22, 2017 ~ Transfer 7 Week 3

Hi all!

Well this week was quite the week. I'm going to let you in on all the highlights of this week. Overall it was a pretty normal week but with some significant events.

Tuesday we played volleyball with some less actives and recent converts and it was a lot of fun. Someone from the Canary Islands was visiting the temple and they played with us too. It was really funny because the canarian kept calling me "tramposo"(cheater) like 100 times because I kept scoring haha :) She also kept saying "come lentejas"(eat lentils) if someone didn't hit the ball hard enough because apparently Spaniard think lentils make you stronger.

Wednesday was district meeting and it went quite well. I'm starting to get the hang of it a little better :) Also I got my shoes fixed by a cobbler for quite cheap which was nice. The heel on one of my shoes didn't have any more leather on the back because my heel had rubbed through it. So he fixed it up and it's good as new :)

Friday, we ate lunch at the Kimballs apartment. They are a matrimony couple in charge of self-reliance for all of Spain. Some of the best food in a long time. We had BBQ pork sandwiches, seafood paella, shrimp (here you have to take off the legs and head and such, they aren't shelled), and to top it off we had brownies and whipped cream with strawberries. It was super super good.

Then Sunday was a sad day. 
At about 4:45pm yesterday my tablet died. 
Rest in Pieces. 

We were leaving the church and it was at my side, I tried to change how I was holding it and it dropped. Face down. I thought, it's fine nothing will be wrong. Well...two pebbles had cracked the screen. And I then thought, maybe it's still going to work fine, it just looks bad. Nope, wrong again. I tried to turn it on and the screen only flickered. So now I get to figure out what to do haha. 

Thankfully there was a tender mercy. I had just written the report I have to send to the zone leaders about how everyone is doing in our district and I thought it was lost. Thank goodness we found it in my drafts when I logged in to another device. I can now sympathize with those who have broken their screens before...this is my first and I did a good job haha :) 

I'm pretty bummed but maybe it's a blessing in disguise, now I get to learn how to do things differently and not depend so much on my tablet :) 

And to end, Thursday and Saturday were quite normal days. 

Well, have a great week!!
Elder Openshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment