Monday, June 12, 2017

June 7, 2017 ~ Transfer 7 Week 5

Hi all!

It's been a long but great week filled with a lot of ups and a lot of downs. On the upside, I have a loaner tablet to use now until I get a new one.

The work is going well. We found some new people to teach this week which was a miracle in itself. Another miracle we had is that I was telling another missionary that I wanted someone new to teach and just in that same moment after I had said that, we received a call. It was the front desk of the temple and they told us that someone had come to the temple and asked for more information about what the church is. We've met once and it was quite the blessing. Maybe I should ask more often =) 

We also taught a family on Friday who are super prepared. A member family invited us over for pizza and this other family (their friends who are actually their next door neighbors). It was great. We will probably meet with them again this coming weekend. Lately it's been pretty difficult to find new people and to have those two things happen it helped a ton. 

And then we also had a lot more success talking to people. I haven't gotten people to stop in a while and much less get a real number and while we were talking with people we found two who wanted to meet. One was a youth who I invited to play soccer with us. And another was an elderly man who was carrying grocery bags. They looked heavy because I saw them over filling and I saw him struggling. And I asked if we could help. And he said yes! Which doesn't happen very often. We helped him and the bags were super heavy! I don't know how he was doing it by himself. He invited us in for water and told us if we ever need a break we can pass by his house haha =)

Other things:
Champion's League was this past Saturday and it's basically like the Super Bowl for soccer. Real Madrid won and you can hear when goals are scored because the whole neighborhood watches the games and makes a ton of noise. It was 4 to 1 from the screams I heard and with the firecrackers and celebrating I figure Real Madrid won =) haha I got some videos (it's more the audio that counts).
We also ended up locking ourselves out of piso. Thank goodness the lady who lives underneath our piso has a key for us (apparently this isn't the first time haha).

Food: we had domino's ordered to our piso (which here is free to have it delivered, super nice)
We had some great Gelato and some kebab. The kebab was a tin filled to the top with kebab meat and it was sooo good. A ton of food.

We also had 2 district meetings before the last time I emailed. We talked about learning the language and about how to teaching better. And my favorite part of the week was yesterday. We had a zone conference (a training meeting) with Elder Gay. It was super good, I'll share some of my notes. He talked about so many different things that we needed (and that I needed to hear personally). It was amazing.

Here's what I enjoyed:
There is always a solution. (My mom says that a lot too =) and now I understand even better what she means)

Don't beat yourself up about whether you did something wrong or right. Heavenly Father does His own work. As long as we are trying our best Heavenly Father can use our mistakes for His benefits also.

Have a great week!

Elder Openshaw



No comments:

Post a Comment