Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March 8, 2017 ~ Transfer 5 Week 4

This week was GREAT! 

On Preparation day we went to the Real Madrid stadium which was super cool. It's amazing how well manicured the grass is on professional fields.

I didn't read my journal before writing this and I have trouble remember this week without it...so we shall see what I remember.

This week's update on new food: We ate pepitas (I think that's the name), a Venasulan food that is French bread sliced in half and stuffed with meat and lettuce, avocado and tomatoes. And they put cheese on top and toasted them. Super good! I also made a home made pizza and the first one turned but quite good and the second one was super gross. And then I tried making cookies and they did not turn out (I was missing a few ingredients and they turned out super flat). Thankfully the other Elders didn't mind haha.

One really awesome experience this week:
I was at a member's home and they were thanking us for doing all that we do and the mother used to work cleaning (like as a janitor) in the MTC while I was there. She remembered me and told me exactly why. I would say hi every time I saw her and thank you for cleaning. And she told me how much it meant. It was cool to see how much of a difference it made because I had no clue. You never know what difference small acts of kindness make.

Also, there were members here visiting from Hawaii. They know my Grandpa and grandma who are serving there as missionaries! It was a cool experience because I met them before sacrament meeting but I had to leave to help with something and I thought when I came back they probably would be gone. But right when I was getting back we saw them leaving and I got to say hi and get a picture to send to my grandparents! It was a tender mercy.

I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I know He cares about the details in our lives and is always listening to our prayers. He knows our every feeling, sacrafice, and difficulty - He knows our hearts. He knows and loves you.

Have a great week!
Elder Openshaw

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Oficina 8B
28703 San Sebastián de los Reyes
Madrid, España

No comments:

Post a Comment