Saturday, March 11, 2017

January 30, 2017 ~ Transfer 4 Week 5

Hi all!

Last Monday was hard food-wise. We eat a TON! For lunch we eat at a restaurant which was practically buffet and we were stuffed. And we had forgotten we were eating at a member's house that evening. And these members feed us VERY well. The ride on the bus home was quite miserable. We made sure not to repeat that experience today.

This week we had a worldwide conference of missionaries. There have been changes with the schedule allowing for more choice in when we do studies and lunch or dinner. Also Preparation Day has been extended so we end studies at 8:30 am instead of 11am. It's nice having a little more time to do the day to day stuff like keeping the piso (apartment) clean, etc. 
The changes have been great =)

This week has been pretty normal. A lot of lessons that fell through with new people. But also quite a few people we found to teach. There was one man named Bruno who we found while walking back to the train stop. He was in his car and he asked us to get a wheelchair out of the back of his car. We were able to help him out and he's happy to talk with us. He gave us his number and address to go visit with him. It was quite the miracle. Me and my companion have definitely seen the miracles that come from contacting people everyday (we have a goal as a companionship and as a mission to contact/talk with 25 people each everyday). We have found a lot of people to teach.

I want to share my love for Jesus Christ and what He has done for each one of us. I've been reading the New Testament and the more times I read it the better I understand it. And the the Book of Mormon and the Bible hand-in-hand it really helps to understand the principles that God has given us. I love the Savior and I love what He did for me individually and for you. He loved us so much that He suffered so that He could know how we feel and that we can turn to Him for relief. I know that Christ can help us, because He has definitely helped me. We just have to be humble enough to turn to our loving Heavenly Father in prayer and ask for Christ's help. I know that Christ can strengthen us to do hard things.

Matthew 11:28-30
28 ¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Have a great week!


Elder Openshaw

PS
And to give you a heads up I think I am leaving next transfer. 
We shall find out next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment