Sunday, October 22, 2017

October 16, 2017 ~ Transfer 10 Week 6

Hi all!

I'm getting transferred to Barrio 4 which is in Madrid and is quite close to Barrio 6 where I served before. My companion is staying here in Lugo and he will be training a new missionary and will be the district leader. Right after his training haha =) he will do great.

This week was fairly normal besides the trip to Madrid on Monday and the fact that I am making that same exact trip today back to Madrid hahaha. Oh well. And the change took me by surprise but I'm excited to be able to serve in Barrio 4.

So this week after returning from Madrid we had a couple of good lessons with Isidoro and Jose, both who are progressing a ton. It's too bad I won't be around for Jose's baptism but at least elder Gil will be. And Isidoro is preparing for the temple and it would be cool if I could see him while he's there. I will just have to hope it all works out =)

Also this week the festivals were finishing and we had a really good week. We got to meet with a friend of Isidoro who is looking for something more in his life and so we are trying to help him out. He's super awesome and we started teaching him a bit, we shall see how it goes.

Also we did a bit of service for some members on their farm picking corn.  Super simple. Pick the corn cob, shuck it, and throw it in the bucket. Then we stomped over the corn plant to mark where we were/which ones were done.

I'm not really sure what to include this week. Basically a little sad I'm leaving but also excited for the change. I was so sure I was staying that I bought food this week haha so basically the new missionary will have a good amount of food.

-analogy - I was thinking to myself about how someone told us today that they don't have time to go to church. So I thought...if you have to cut (for example) a ton of tomatoes for a salad would you do something (sharpen the knife) that takes little time and that makes a huge difference? Of course. And would it be worth it if you cut the tomatoes and then sharpen the knife? Heck no. You would sharpen it and then cut them and the task would be more manageable. It's the same with prayer, scriptures and church. If we do these things (prayer, reading the scriptures and going to church) they will help us with the rest of life's chores. And if we don't make time for them and leave them for the end, what good will it do to have a sharp knife after cutting the tomatoes? (Besides the fact that next time you have a large task you will have a sharp knife). Basically, we need to continually be sharpening our "spiritual" knife/relationship with God.  

Also yesterday we got to watch a conference for all of Europe where one of the twelve apostles Elder Ballard talked. Heavenly Father knows His children. In all parts of the world. He gave a direct message but very loving about how the members in Europe need to not be scared of sharing the gospel with others. That they should pray for missionary opportunities. That the missionaries can't do this by themselves. And that if they don't do anything to strengthen those around them then they won't see the miracles. That we should believe in miracles and then they will come. I know that if you pray for opportunities to share the gospel with others you will receive an answer. I know this from experience, and it strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. I know that God has called a prophet in today's day to guide His children just as prophets of old.

I love ya all and hope you have a wonderful week! Make it a great one!

Elder Openshaw 

1)cool taxidermy in a members home
2)Jose and I
3)eating at Kayla' s home
4) corn harvest haha
5) eating with charo and friends (this was a while ago)














No comments:

Post a Comment