Sunday, October 1, 2017

July 31, 2017 ~ Transfer 9 Week 1

Hi all!

So this week went by very fast. It's amazing to think of how in a matter of hours on a train I went from above 100 degree weather to the high 60s and occasionally 30-40s at night. I was a little cold here in Lugo for the first few days but I'm getting more used to the colder weather now.

So our first day here we helped an investagator bring a ton of food home and then another investagator called us up to tell us they had a ton of food to give us too. That day we took home 6 kilos of cherries, 8 kilos of plums and 16 liters of milk... it looks like I will need a jam recipe. Haha

So here in Lugo there are a lot of differences from Madrid. The people speak slightly differently and sometimes they just speak Portuguese and we miraculously know what they are trying to say. There is a lot more walking here than in Barrio 6. There is also a super cool historic feature (that unfortunately I've been too busy to take pictures of). In the middle of the city there is a huge Roman wall with a big cathedral inside as well as a bunch of shops. But it's super cool to walk through. In the mornings sometimes we run around the wall for our exercise (it's about 1.5 miles around and back to our home I believe.)

Things are a lot smaller here but it's great just the same. There are about 20-25 people who come to church every week and they are very welcoming to everyone. It's quite impressive as they said hi to all the visitors and investagators we have.

We are also teaching a lady who I will call Janet who is super awesome. She soaks everything in like a sponge and just loves church. And she asks a ton of great questions. Things are starting to click for her and I think she will be baptized soon. And something cool happened  yesterday when we were teaching her. We were watching a church video with her and the video stopped working. So I tried and tried to get it to work and it wouldn't work no matter how I tried and then I had the feeling to just stop and listen to her to see if she had any questions. And she did have a question! So we answered it by using a general conference talk to explain it more clearly. It was interesting that everything worked out so that we could answer her doubt that she had and that we were guided to the resources we needed to help her understand the answer clearly.

Let me know if you have any questions...I can't really think of anything else that is cool to write about haha.

Have a great week!

For pictures: I'm still trying to upload the ones from last week... There are 144ish of them. I will put some in from Lugo next week. This week's are 2 from the piso in A Coruña and the rest of Barrio 6.
Elder Openshaw

Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Oficina 8B
28703 San Sebastián de los Reyes
Madrid, España

No comments:

Post a Comment