Sunday, October 1, 2017

June 28, 2017 ~ Transfer 8 Week 2

A lot happened this week. Lots of tender mercies and miracles. I don't know where to start so this might be a little short.

We were in a trio (three elders) for the majority of the week with one elder going back to Barcelona to renew his residency papers and another going home. There was one day that we passed but a members home to get water (to was unbearably hot) and one of our investagators (who told us she couldn't meet this week) showed up and we taught her there! A very tender mercy.

Another is that we were walking and we found a member from Oviedo (who I didn't know) but he was at the temple for the first time. And he was talking the the branch president on the phone (who i do know)! It was a cool experience.

We had lots of great conversations with people in the street. The conversations ranged a lot (especially on how we got them to stop haha). One time an elder while in the trio shouted "USA" when some spanish youth passed by and they stopped at talked to us haha. And then another was when that same elder told a Spaniard that I had just told a great joke (when I hadn't). I stood there awkwardly thinking of what to say and told him I couldnt repeat it again, it was just too good haha. But it was a creative way that led to some good conversations haha. We are finding a lot more people to teach.

Food moments: we had Ratatoullie (that French dish, the same as the disney movie), roasted chicken, and kebab. Those were the highlights.

Funny moments:

A quick thought that I had...we were talking to someone this week who wanted to bible bash. This was the first time ive actually had someone try and that I understood what was said. But while he was insulting us and we politely excused ourselves I realized something. So many people don't realize that our Heavenly Father answers prayers. That we can actually recieve personal guidance that we need in our lives. I really like James 1:5-6 that talks about asking God for wisdom. It says:
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

This is a promise that we have from the Bible. We can ask for and recieve answers to prayers. We don't have to trust a priest or a church leader or a parent on their word. But we can recieve our own confirmation of truths from the source, our Heavenly Father. Here's another scripture about how prayer and fasting helps us recieve guidance:
" 45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me."

I know that we can recieve answers to our prayers if we just ask. I know because I have recieved answers to my prayers. The answers don't always come in the way you expect them but the answers do come. I know our Heavenly Father loves you and wants to hear from and answer your questions. 

Have a great week!

Elder Openshaw

Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Oficina 8B

No comments:

Post a Comment