Monday, April 2, 2018

April 2, 2018 ~ TRANSFERS ~ Transfer 14, Week 6

Transfers!

So I am going to be transferred. I'm super sad to be leaving the people here because they are so awesome. The members are the best and take care of us super well. I will miss them. So I'm heading to the Canary Islands! To the Island of Tenerife. Los Cristianos. I'm pretty excited for the changes and for learning new things.

And this week was Semana Santa so there were a lot of processions and activities going on in the city, which also means there are a bunch of people to talk to in the streets. And we had a couple cool lessons this week.

One day, in the middle of companionship study we got a call from Luis (a former investigator) saying he had 30 mins right at that moment (he called at 4:30pm on the dot) and so we tried to get there as quick as possible. By the time we got there he only had 5 mins so we couldn't teach him anything but we set up a lesson for Monday at 6-6:30pm. And then the very next day he called at 4:00pm and told us he had an hour. So we went and talked with him. And its been about 3 months since we had contact with him. So that's really cool that he called us out of the blue.

Also we have another friend named Joel and we finally got to meet with him. He told us to meet him at the barber shop but we went to the wrong one and ended up finding him in the end. He's super cool. We talked about the restoration with him and about how the Book of Mormon is evidence of a living prophet and he's hyped about the book of Mormon. He already had started reading different parts while we were explaining it to him.

We also found out that the people who own the car wash near the church are from the French part of Switzerland (where my companion is from,  although he's from the northern part of Switzerland). So that was really cool to find out haha.

And we had general conference this weekend. General conference is something we have every 6 months where we have the opportunity to hear from the prophet and the apostles. It was super good. I'll send some quotes next week. Or look on lds.org and the conference should be on there too :)

It will be interesting with the changes that will be happening soon but I'm excited for them. I will definitely miss the members and people I met in Ponferrada. Such a wonderful time with them. I'm excited for more good times to come. And here's a little scripture that gives me strength to move on when things get hard.

Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
31...If God be for us, who can be against us?

I know I shared this recently but it's one of my favorite scriptures. If we love God, all things, even trials and sickness and afflictions will be for our good and will give us experience. I hope that you have a wonderful week!

With care,
Elder Openshaw

1) the Vilela's, they are awesome
2) costillas adobadas - marinated ribs, really good.









No comments:

Post a Comment