Saturday, February 3, 2018

November 27, 2017 ~ Transfer 11, Week 6

Hi all!

So there were transfers! 
And I did get affected by it but I'm going to tell you about the week first. 

So not that much time has passed since I last wrote but here are some funny stories...

We went to a member's home that may or may not be named Hegel. He is a little old Peruvian man. We shared the Christmas initiative and then he gave us some unexpected food. He just goes over to the cabinets after the prayer and pulls out plates that already are prepared haha. We ate Papa a la huaquaina and lasagna. And then choclo biscocho. He's a funny guy.

We also went to go eat at another family's home and it was sooooooooooo much food. I tried to finish and I couldn't even get close haha. And the daughter (14-15 years old) was sneaking pictures of my companion Elder Snyder the WHOLE time. I caught her in the act and gave her the biggest smile hahahaha. It's soo funny that she does that.

So....transfers:
This transfer both my companion and I are leaving and no one will be coming to replace us for a little while. Elder Snyder is going to Barrio 9 which is part of Madrid. I'm going to Ponferrada! I know my time here in B4 was short but I learned a ton and made a lot of new friends :) and we did get some good things going here :)

A miracle: We talked to one family about the light the world initiative and followed up about their commitment to pray for missionary experiences. We've been doing really good at following up. And the son (17) is a boss! He remembered the commitment and was telling us about experiences that he has had with friends at school or in classes and that he has been praying for missionary experiences. He's such a cool kid. It's people like him that make me want to be a better person and who make what we do so much more worth it.

I wasn't here in Barrio 4 for very long (6 weeks) but I really enjoyed my time here. We've seen a huge difference that we were able to make this transfer and even though we didn't have many people to teach, we strengthened the members a lot and helped them to help themselves. They are looking out for each other quite a bit more. We didn't feel like we worked or even focused much on them but with the little time that we did, we were able to make a difference.


Also...if you want some ideas on how to enjoy your holiday season helping out others check out mormon.org! Everyday there is a theme, a cool little video and ideas on how to reach out to others :) #lighttheworld

Have a wonderful week!

With love,
Elder Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment